Our Services & Solutions in Nigeria
As Zamara, we have made a firm commitment to enhancing local capacity and supporting local talent in order to build solutions customised to the unique Nigerian market. Our cosmopolitan team will leverage on global best practices to provide tailor-made solutions to you.
Our services and solutions fall into two categories;
- Actuarial Services – Insurance and Employee Benefits Consulting.
- Insurance Solutions – HMO & Wellness Solutions and Corporate General Insurance.
Zamara offers a comprehensive array of actuarial services to corporate clients including insurance companies, medical providers, gratuity arrangements and retirement benefit schemes. Our actuaries have a depth of regional experience in modeling techniques, valuation as well as strategy.
Our actuarial services fall into two broad categories;
We offer a full breadth of actuarial services to insurance companies, including:
- Statutory actuarial valuations of general and life insurance liabilities, including preparation of Financial Condition Reports
- Product design and pricing of new and existing products
- Embedded value and appraisal value calculations
- Transaction advisory services – Start-ups, mergers, acquisitions and commutation of insurance liabilities
- Modelling and advisory services on risk-based statutory and economic capital
- Reinsurance optimization
- Implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Valuation and pricing of National and Public Healthcare schemes and products
- Training and implementation of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9
- Asset Liability Modelling and preparation of Investment Policy Statements
- Advising on the appropriateness of contribution rates and benefit structures of Post Retirement Medical Schemes
Employee Benefits Consulting
We offer actuarial services to trustees and sponsors of both public and private sector retirement funds and gratuity arrangements as well as to national funds, including:
- Actuarial valuations of defined benefit schemes such as pension funds, gratuity benefits, long service awards benefits, medical schemes, leave encashment schemes etc.
- Actuarial reviews of defined contribution schemes
- Design and implementation of retirement arrangements
- Employee benefit disclosures in accordance with global accounting standards such as International Accounting Standard 19 (IAS19) under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Independent audit and verification of third party benefit calculations
- Advice on the Pensions aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Advice to trustees and members of retirement funds to improve outcomes
- Actuarial modelling and scenario analysis
HMO & Wellness Solutions
With the escalation of medical costs, employers are facing increasing upward pressure on their staff medical insurance costs. We assist employers to better target their healthcare spend and ensure they receive value for money. In addition to off-loading the administrative burden and giving peace of mind, our offering is accompanied with a bouquet of uniquely attractive value-adds structured to make access to healthcare a delightful experience.
The services we offer span across:
- Medical Insurance Broking
- Care & Case Management
- Claims Advocacy
- Wellness Consulting
- Third Party Administration
- Umbrella Coverage for Non-Traditional Risks
Corporate General Insurance
In Corporate General Insurance, Zamara provides solutions to our corporate clients for their business risks. Zamara’s risk management solutions are informed by our understanding of our client’s unique needs, which enables us to identify specific risks that our clients face. This assists our clients to manage their total cost of insurance, by minimising losses that can be mitigated through prudent risk management.
The insurance policies we offer include:
- Assets related policies
- Business interruption in case of incidences caused by fire and related perils and machinery breakdown
- Liability related policies
- Political risks & terrorism
- Crop insurance
- Crime insurance
- Motor Insurance – comprehensive and third party covers
- Employee benefits e.g. group life, group personal accident and employers liability